I’ve been pulling my hair out for the last couple of hours trying to work out why all the PDF files being downloaded through the WP eStore Plugin were corrupt. I was getting complaints from people telling that the PDF’s were scrambled.
My natural instinct was to disable the WP Minify Fix plugin because I had a hunch that was the root of the problem. As soon as I disabled it, the PDFs were no longer corrupt- my instincts were right. It was clear WP Minify Fix was not playing nicely with WP eStore.
After fiddling around with the settings for a good hour (and getting quite frustrated in the process), I figured out how to get them to work together. I had to disable the WP eStore plugin from being parsed through WP Minify Fix.
This is the setting I used:
Note: I initially tried entering the full URL of the plugin directory e.g. http://example.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-cart-for-digital-products/ – for some reason that does NOT work. It only worked when I entered the plugin folder name. Had the URL of worked (it’s a bit odd that it doesn’t), I would have resolved the problem in 5 minutes because I tried it custom essays during the early stages of debugging! It was only by chance/luck/desperation that I tried only the folder name.
Anyways, that seemed to fix my problem, PDF files are no longer scrambled/corrupt.
Let me know if you’ve been having the same problem and if this solution works for you 🙂
Learning & sharing
This is where we store some of our Web Development thoughts, tips and tricks for both our own uses and for others to learn from. Sharing is caring.
Please feel free to contribute to our blog posts; perhaps even teach us a few tricks of your own. We'd love to hear your thoughts.